This general purpose air purifier helps eliminate dust, airborne
particles and odors in the home*(5) so you can feel good about the
air you breathe.
- Multi-stage filter helps trap airborne particles and odors
- Ionizer assists in particle removal
- Two speed setting
• The length of cord used on this appliance was
selected to reduce tangling or tripping hazards.
• If a longer cord is necessary, an approved extension
cord may be used. The electrical rating of the
extension cord must be equal to or greater than the
electrical rating of the air purifier (see rating label
marked on product).
• Care must be taken to arrange the extension cord so
that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop
where it can be pulled on by children or accidentally
Your Air Purifier has an ionizer, which, when turned on,
releases negative ions into outgoing filtered air. Ions are
tiny particles that carry a positive or negative charge.
These ions exist naturally around us, in the air, water and
ground. Both positive and negative ions are colorless,
odorless and completely harmless.
Negative ions help the air purification process by
attaching themselves to very small airborne particles in
the room. These particles take on a negative charge and
may join with positively charged particles such as dust,
pollen, smoke and pet dander to form larger particles
that are then more readily captured by the filter system,
or they may be attracted to positively charged surfaces
like walls or floors.
You may also note after extended use, that dust may
have collected around the grills or front panel. This is
from the ionization affect caused by the negative ions
exiting from the air outlet.
This is additional evidence of the air cleaning
effectiveness of negative ions. The dust can be easily
removed with a clean, damp cloth or soft brush.
CAUTION: The ionizer in this appliance produces less
ozone than the UL established limits of 50ppb. However,
in high concentrations, ozone can be harmful to birds and
small pets. To prevent ozone buildup, we suggest using
the ionizer in well ventilated areas with the fan on.
NOTE: It is important to replace the filter at the recommended
intervals. Using the ionizer in conjunction
with dirty filters may result in dirty particles exiting the
air purifier and being attracted to walls, carpets, furniture
or other household objects. These dirty particles may
prove very difficult to remove.
1. Carefully unpack your Air Purifier. Select a firm level
place where there are no obstructions to the air inlet
or filtered air outlet.
2. Check the rear side of the unit to see if the filter is
covered by a plastic bag. If it is, remove plastic bag
before use and place filter into unit.
3. DO NOT POINT FILTERED AIR OUTLET TOWARDS WALL.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions
should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric
shock, and injury to persons. These precautions include:
1. Read all instructions before using the appliance.
2. To avoid fire or shock hazard, plug the appliance
directly into a 120V AC electrical outlet.
3. If the filter is covered by a bag when shipped,
remove plastic bag before use.
4. Keep the cord out of heavy traffic areas. To avoid
fire hazard, NEVER put the cord under rugs, near
heat registers, radiators, stoves, or heaters.
5. To protect against electrical hazards, DO NOT
immerse the appliance in water or other liquids. Do
not use near water.
6. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is
used by or near children, or disabled persons.
7. Always unplug the air purifier before moving or
cleaning the unit, opening the grill, changing the filter
and whenever the unit is not in use. To disconnect the
unit, be sure to pull the plug and not the cord.
8. NEVER drop or insert any objects into the openings of
9. DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged cord
or plug. If the motor fan fails to operate or the unit
has been dropped or damaged in any manner,
discard unit or return to an authorized service facility
for examination and/or repair.
10. Use appliance only for intended household use as
described in this manual. Any other use not
recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire,
electric shock, or injury to persons. The use of
attachments not recommended or sold by Jarden
Consumer Solutions may cause hazards.
11. DO NOT use outdoors.
12. NEVER place on a soft surface such as a bed or sofa
as this could cause the unit to tip over and block the
air inlet or outlet grills.
13. Keep unit away from heated surfaces and open flames.
14. DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or
mechanical functions on this unit. Doing so will void
your warranty. The inside of the unit contains no user
serviceable parts. All servicing should be performed
by Jarden Consumer Solutions or an authorized
Jarden Consumer Solutions Center.
15. DO NOT place anything on top of unit.
16. NEVER use detergents, gasoline, glass cleaner,
furniture polish, paint thinner, or other household
solvents to clean any part of the appliance.
17. Always turn the appliance off before unplugging it.
18. This appliance should only be used in a room with
temperatures between 40° F and 110° F.
19. WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric
shock, DO NOT use this appliance with any solid-state
speed control device. Do not run cord under carpeting.
Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar
coverings. Do not route cord under furniture or
appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic area and
where it will not be tripped over.
20. The ionizer in this appliance produces less ozone than
the UL established limits of 50ppb (parts per billion).
However, in high concentrations, ozone can be
harmful to birds and small pets. To prevent ozone
buildup, we suggest using the ionizer in well
ventilated areas with the fan on.
PLEASE READ AND SAVE
O P E R AT I O N S -
THIS APPLIANCE HAS A POLARIZED PLUG (one blade is wider than the
other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended
to fit in a
polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in
reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified
install the proper outlet.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MODIFY THIS PLUG OR DEFEAT THIS
SAFETY FEATURE IN ANY WAY.
A. Sealing Foam
B. Inlet Grill
C. Support ledges
D. Finger Tab
E. Pull tab
Figure 2 Off Low High